Website Virginia Military Institute
The Deputy Inspector General (IG)/Title IX Coordinator reports to the Inspector General/Title IX Coordinator and provides support in investigations, documentation, and training.
• Serves as lead investigator for IG and Title IX complaints following GO 16, VMI’s Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct Policy, its grievance procedures, or other grievance policies and procedures.
• Conducts investigations of alleged student and/or employee misconduct using trauma informed interviewing techniques and completes detailed investigative summary reports.
• Assists in documentation, tracking patterns, creating reports, and data collection.
• Assists IG/Title IX Coordinator in providing support to cadets and employees reporting misconduct as outlined in GO 16.
• Liaises with Commandant’s Office, Human Resources, Faculty, and Administration.
• Delivers in-person training and programming in Title IX, civility, bystander intervention, and healthy relationships.
• Assists in event planning, focus groups, and training surveys/evaluations.
• Completes annual training in Title IX, Clery Act, VAWA, FERPA, and other relevant state and federal statutes.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Three to five years of experience in higher education, human resources, Title IX, and/or legal work.
• Working knowledge of Title IX, Clery Act, VAWA, FERPA, and other relevant state and federal statutes.
• Experience conducting investigations of alleged student and/or employee misconduct.
• Experience in creating, implementing, and conducting training and presentations.
• Ability to manage complex issues, requiring sensitivity, conflict resolution skills, and objectivity.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with individuals and interdisciplinary teams to support an inclusive learning environment.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Master’s degree or J.D. preferred.
• Experience in Title IX case management (intake, trauma informed interviewing, support, communications, report writing) preferred.
• Experience in higher education preferred.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit secure.dc4.pageuppeople.com.