PLEASE NOTE: All applications must go through USAJobs.gov, so click the link to be directly routed. Announcement will close for applications on Sunday, 12 September 2021.
The USPS OIG is seeking a highly qualified applicant to fill our Assistant Inspector General (AIG) for the Office of Audit (OA) located in Arlington, VA. The selected candidate will serve as the senior executive responsible for long-range planning and integration of all audits and reviews designed to protect assets and revenue, ensure efficient and economical mail delivery, and safeguard the integrity of the postal system.
The mission of OA is to conduct and supervise objective and independent audits and reviews relating to Postal Service programs and operations to:
- Prevent and detect fraud, waste, and misconduct;
- Promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness;
- Promote program integrity; and
- Keep the Governors, Congress, and the Postal Service management informed
The successful candidate will serve as the principal senior executive in the OIG responsible for long-range planning and integration of all audits and reviews designed to protect assets and revenue, ensure efficient and economical mail delivery, and safeguard the integrity of the postal system. These audits and related engagements are performed in compliance with the standards published by the Comptroller General of the United States, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Institute of Internal Auditors, and the President’s Council on Integrity and Efficiency. The successful candidate serves as a member of the OIG executive management team; works with other senior managers to plan and coordinate OIG activities and ensure effective and efficient use of resources. The candidate also ensures that appropriate functions and responsibilities are developed and executed for each of their directorates in accordance with regulatory standards and guidelines established for the OIG.
You must meet ALL of the minimum qualifications listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (transcripts required)
- Must have at least ten (10) years of specialized experience in planning, managing, and overseeing the conduct of complex audits, evaluations, reviews, surveys, and other analytical processes.
- Must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the equivalent (GS-15) Director Band Level serving as a director/manager/supervisor responsible for establishing work plans and/or directly supervising a staff of subordinates.
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Law, Public Administration or related field
- Currently hold a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
Additional related professional certifications (e.g. CIA, CISA, CFE, etc.)
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.