The Special Commissioner of Investigation for the NYC School District
The Office of the Special Commissioner of Investigation for the New York City School District (“SCI”) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated candidate to serve as the Assistant Supervising Investigator for the Intake Unit. Under the guidance of the Special Commissioner, the First Deputy Commissioner, the Chief Investigator, the Deputy Chief Investigator, and the Intake Unit Supervisor, the candidate will have the following responsiblities:
· Supervise the designated Intake Unit personnel in a professional matter.
· Assist the Intake Unit investigators in taking reports and obtaining information relating to complaints.
· Conduct interviews to obtain complaint information.
· Assist the Supervising Investigator with reviewing and editing each entered complaint for accuracy.
· Follow-up with complainants and agencies for additional required information.
· Ensure information is entered into the database.
· Assist with overseeing the referral of complaints to other agencies.
· Conduct ongoing trainings for intake investigators on the duties that are required in their position.
· Handle case sensitive data in a confidential and secure manner.
THOSE HIRED BY SCI ARE DOE SALARIED EMPLOYEES AND NYC RESIDENCY IS NOT REQUIRED.
Visit our website at https://nycsci.org/employment/ to see the job description, minimum qualifications and preferred skills for the position. Follow the steps in the “APPLY ONLINE” section to submit your application. Please do not email, mail, or fax your resume to SCI directly. Submissions of applications does not guarantee an interview. Due to the high volume of resumes SCI receives, only selected candidates will be contacted.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
To apply for this job please visit nycsci.org.