Visit www.igchicago.org to apply
Under the guidance of the Chief Data and Information Analyst, this position provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical help desk support, and assists in maintaining and administering IT hardware, software, communications devices, backups, and related networks.
• Able to demonstrate a proficient level of understanding of Windows based network infrastructure
• Able to demonstrate a proficient level of understanding of software applications and Windows OS
• Able to demonstrate a proficient level of understanding of Windows based hardware configurations
for desktops, laptops, and printers
• Able to install and configure Windows OS software and related tools
• Able to work within Office 365 to configure mailbox permissions, mailing lists, and user licenses
• Able to assist with various video and audio set up and download requests
• Able to create and update user accounts, permissions, and security groups in Active Directory
• Able to assist with internal network connectivity issues and voice over IP phone system
• Able to maintain and track software and hardware inventory
• Able to create and maintain technical documentation and/or a knowledgebase for IT staff
• Other duties as assigned
Customer Service Skills
• Receives staff IT support inquiries and provides accepted resolutions in the most efficient and
effective manner possible
• Communicates effectively with OIG management and staff as well as external departments,
vendors, and 3rd party support
• Escalates calls to Tier 3 when unable to provide resolutions
• Escalates/Refers calls to 3rd party vendors in accordance with established policy
• Maintains accurate logs of inquiries and resolutions via tracking system.
• Maintains software and hardware updates and upgrades and stays informed of industry wide
• Assists in the onboarding of new staff and implementation of new processes, hardware and
• Prepares training materials for and instructs users in the operation of new or upgraded software
applications and hardware
• Proactively addresses potential IT issues before they impact users
ANNUAL SALARY: Range: $51,408 – $83,808 (annual increases first three years) Starting: $51,408 (non-negotiable); Post successful six-month review $53,892
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Fifteen semester hours in Computer Sciences or Information
Technology/Systems OR one year of experience in performing technical support functions, or an
equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and certifications
• Windows Server and Desktop OS experience (Window 10, Windows Server 2016/2019
• Office 365 administration experience
• Mobile device support and management experience
• Remote support experience
• Local area/wide area communications network experience
• Hardware and software installation, configuration procedures and techniques experience
• Growth oriented individual
TRAVEL AND SCHEDULE: Travel outside Chicago is not required.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Employees must be a resident of the City of Chicago and proof of residency is required at the commencement of employment.
EMPLOYEE VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: City of Chicago employees must, as a condition of
employment, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 effective October 15, 2021. This Policy applies to all
City employees. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek
approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable City processes. For more information on the vaccine policy please visit: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/dhr/supp_info/city-of-chicago-
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) is an equal opportunity employer.
OIG is an inclusive organization that hires and develops all its staff of all levels regardless of race, religion,
color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, marital or parental status, sex, gender expression or identity,
sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, age, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected
OIG strives to create the kind of workplace where a socially diverse mix of people can thrive
professionally. We pride ourselves in meeting our legal charge to promote economy, effectiveness,
efficiency, and integrity in government. Through the hard work of our passionate and innovative team,
OIG aims to serve every community with equity, respect, and dignity.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to disability or pregnancy to participate in
the application process, please contact the OIG’s Supervisor of Personnel Administration Keyla Vazquez at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be prepared to provide information in support of your reasonable
THE CITY OF CHICAGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in
the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon
hire. The City of Chicago does not participate in E-Verify (Employment Eligibility Verification System). In
addition, employment at the Office of Inspector General is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal
To apply for this job please visit www.igchicago.org.