Website Los Angeles Unified School District
A Senior Auditor, Inspector General’s Office acts as a leader of an audit team and plans and conducts complex and difficult financial and operational audits. A Senior Auditor, Inspector General’s Office may also work on multiple assignments.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Auditor, Inspector General’s Office position will possess:
• Journey-level experience independently conducting or overseeing audits;
• Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and the California Public contract Code, and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS);
• Demonstrated ability to verify appropriateness of charges using computerized audit techniques and various quantitative methods (i.e. statistical sampling, graphic analysis);
• Proven ability to lead and provide technical assistance to others;
• A Certified Public Accounting (CPA) license, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification, or the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification;
• Proven ability to establish and maintain working relationships with colleagues, District personnel and the public;
• Professional resiliency and integrity;
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing;
• Strong professional level knowledge of attestation engagement and /or internal auditing;
• Solid experience using audit management software such as TeamMate to create and manage Electronic Working Paper.
EDUCATION: Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or a closely related field. Possession of a Certified Public Accounting (CPA) license or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certificate is preferable.
NOTE: Candidates are required to scan and upload a copy of the required education documents and add them to the Attachments tab of their candidate profile.
EXPERIENCE: Four years of professional-level audit experience in internal auditing or public accounting in government or private industry.
Insurance: Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
Retirement: Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
Vacation: Two weeks of paid vacation to start.
Paid Holidays: 12 days.
To apply for this job please visit www.LAUSDjobs.org.