Website Jefferson Parish Office of Inspector General
Local government oversight entity located in Greater New Orleans
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should apply by sending the below documents to email@example.com. Applicants may apply by sending documents via USPS or other national carrier to: ATTN Employment at JPOIG, Jefferson Parish Office of Inspector General, 990 N. Corporate, Suite 300, Jefferson, LA 70123.
- Cover letter;
- Two (2) Writing Samples (e.g. Business school or professional reports or articles);
- Copies of college diplomas and/or transcripts;
- Three (3) references.
All applications must be received by 4:30 PM on 06/10/2022.
Kind of Work:
The Office of Inspector General is a department within Jefferson Parish government which falls under the supervision of the Inspector General who is appointed by an independent commission. This position is responsible for conducting investigations varying in level of complexity and difficulty. Investigative activities include the review and analysis of data, surveillance, collection of evidence, interviewing of individuals, and preparation of reports. Investigations are performed in accordance with the Association of Inspectors General’s standards.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Preferred fields of study are accounting, finance, management, business administration, public administration, criminal justice, social science or closely related field;
- Excellent computer skills including word processing applications, Excel, internet usage, and other public records databases; exceptional writing ability, superb integrity, and robust critical thinking ability;
- A valid driver’s license and the maintenance of a valid Louisiana driver’s license is required. Must be able to obtain a Louisiana license within 30 days of residency.
- A Master’s Degree, Juris Doctorate, or equivalent graduate degree in law, accounting, finance, management, business administration, public administration, or other related field;
- Experience in investigative/compliance function, including development of plan, documentation of activity, and reporting;
A Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE);
- Experience reviewing and analyzing extensive data and records to determine whether evidence of waste, fraud, misconduct, or mismanagement exists;
- Experience in handling multiple assignments with competing deadlines with a high degree of detail and accuracy;
- Experience communicating investigative results both orally and in writing to a diverse base of stake-holders.
Hours of Work:
General hours of work are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Subject to 24-hour emergency call-out, early morning, evening, weekend, and holiday work. Exempt from overtime compensation. Will be required to work whatever hours are necessary to satisfactorily perform the duties and demands of this position. Thirty-five (35) hour minimum per work week.
Base Salary: $55,000, based upon experience.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $82,000.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to travel on a Parish wide and regional basis using your personal vehicle;
- Must be able to report to department work site a minimum of (35) hours per week;
- This is an exempt at-will employment position;
- A contingent offer of employment will require the successful completion of a satisfactory pre-employment physical, drug test, and background investigation.
To apply for this job please visit www.jpoig.net.