Website Jefferson Parish Office of Inspector General
Local government oversight entity located in Greater New Orleans
How to Apply
Sending the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter;
- Two (2) Writing Samples, e.g. audit reports or other professional writing;
- Copies of college diplomas and/or transcripts;
- Three (3) references.
Kind of Work:
The Office of Inspector General is a department within Jefferson Parish government which falls under the supervision of the Inspector General who is appointed by an independent commission. This position is responsible for initiating, conducting, supervising and coordinating audit activity. Audits are performed in accordance with adopted national standards.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in accounting or related field such as business administration, finance, economics, or public administration;
- Seven (7) years of demonstrated progressively responsible, full-time experience conducting, coordinating, managing and/or supervising relevant, timely, and high-quality audits;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) by the LA State Board of CPAs or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Masters Degree from accredited university in accounting or related field such as business administration, finance, economics or public administration;
- Experience conducting audits compliant with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS);
- Experience conducting audits compliant with standards promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA);
- Experience leading the development and execution of an annual audit work plan, to include taking data-driven, risk-based approach to identifying program areas or issues where audit coverage is needed; developing appropriate audit objectives, scope, and methodology; and incorporating innovative audit procedures that identify root cause;
- Experience conducting, coordinating, managing, and supervising relevant, timely and high-quality audits assessing efficiency and effectiveness;
- Experience conducting coordinating, managing, and supervising audits relative to compliance with public procurement and public bid laws;
- Experience developing and maintaining policies and procedures to support audit activity;
- Experience communicating audit results both orally and in writing to a diverse base of stake-holders.
Hours of Work:
General hours of work are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Subject to 24-hour emergency call-out, early morning, evening, weekend, and holiday work. Exempt from overtime compensation. Will be required to work whatever hours are necessary to satisfactorily perform the duties and demands of this position. Thirty-five (35) hour minimum per work week.
Base Salary: $90,000, based upon experience.
Salary Range: $90,000 – $120,000.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to travel on a Parish wide and regional basis using your personal vehicle;
- Must be able to report to department work site a minimum of (35) hours per week;
- This is an exempt at-will employment position;
- A contingent offer of employment will require the successful completion of a satisfactory pre-employment physical, drug test, and background investigation.
To apply for this job please visit www.jpoig.net.