Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller's Office
The Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller’s Office is seeking an individual with a high level of precision and attention to detail who likes the challenge of variety, and possesses excellent time management skills to join our team as Inspector General, Associate I.
The Inspector General, Associate I provides professional auditing and investigative services for an assigned department of the Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller. Work involves assisting on audits and investigations to: evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of operating policies, procedures and systems; determine compliance with laws and regulations; and, investigate instances of fraud, waste, abuse, unethical conduct and mismanagement. Employees in this classification are responsible for documenting and analyzing information, evaluating activities, and summarizing results in reports.
The Inspector General Associate I also support the guardianship education monitoring and outreach program, including conducting guardianship audits and investigations.
Why work for us? The Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller’s Office encourages a positive work-life balance and offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Plans
- Florida Retirement System
- Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays
- Award-Winning Wellness Program
- Educational Achievement Award
At the Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller’s Office you can:
- Work with a purpose
- Give back to the community
- Be part of a team
- Build your skills
- Pursue career advancement opportunities
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assists with conducting audits, investigations and other reviews in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Inspector General Accreditation, and the Principles and Standards for Offices of Inspector General
- Executes audit and investigative procedures including: assisting in developing objectives and work programs; identifying and evaluating key risks; determining the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls; evaluating compliance with policies, laws, regulations and good business practices
- Performs interviews, collects and analyzes relevant information, and concludes on results and conditions
- Assists with investigations and other reviews involving fraud, waste, abuse, ethical misconduct and mismanagement
- Assists and helps manage the intake process of investigations, collects and reviews correspondence and related information, updates case tracking reports, conducts fact finding research, and analyzes complaint data to support the investigations
- Identifies areas of weakness or noncompliance; prepares audit and investigative findings and recommendations; presents findings and recommendations to management for corrective action or improvement; assists in preparing audit and investigative reports, and assists in follow up with management and outside parties to support closure
- Demonstrates ability to apply current audit and investigatory professional standards and management principles to the variety of policies, practices and systems found in a large and complex governmental organization, and evaluates compliance with requirements
- Travels to all Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller office locations when required in the performance of position responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to apply computer applications and software in executing their responsibilities
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable laws/regulations; maintains an awareness of trends and developments in governmental auditing and investigatory principles and practices
MINIMUM TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: APPLY HERE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Criminal Justice or related field
- Supplemented by (2) years recent and relevant experience in auditing or investigatory work; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Strong analytical and communication skills are required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Inspector General Auditor (CIGA), Certified Inspector General Investigator (CIGI), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP).
Please click on the link below to apply:
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.