Website FIU(@FIU)/Twitter Florida International University - Office of Internal Audit
Senior Information Systems Auditor – 528803
- Assists the Senior Information Systems Auditor II in completing the following projects: IT operational and financial audits, internal control reviews, management advisory services, and other projects undertaken by the Office of Internal Audit.
- Conducts Information Technology (IT) risk assessments and assists in the development of IT audit plans.
- Plans and conducts audits of information systems, financial systems and provides management advisory services.
- Interprets policies of Florida International University, and other state agencies, the Federal government and other pertinent agencies in relation to the performance of duties.
- Conveys audit results through written reports and conferences. Prepares supporting work papers and drafts reports.
- Initiates follow-up reviews as needed.
- Provides information technology support for the office by helping maintain hardware and software integral to audit processes and audit management.
- Determines compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and policies for areas under examination. Makes recommendations for improvements continuous.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and four (4) years of experience or a Master’s degree in a related field and two (2) years of experience.
Progressive auditing experience.
Working knowledge of fundamental IT controls.
Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Progressive auditing experience in higher education or government environment.
Actively maintained certification or license in one of the following:
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC).
$76,000 – $83,000
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
Operating University Vehicles (all types)
Expanded Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
Ability to travel locally and nationally.
Travel to FIU Campus
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 528803
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. In this account, you are able to track your applicant status in “My Applications”.
To be considered eligible for the position as an internal candidate, departmental staff must meet minimum requirements of the position and be in good performance standing.
Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit hr.fiu.edu.