Florida International University - Office of Internal Audit
Contributes to and works independently on large moderately complex audits, consults and investigations. Operates with considerable latitude in performing general computer controls audits and internal investigations. Ensures the effectiveness and adequacy of Information Technology controls in mitigating risks to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of University data. Plans and conducts audits of information systems, financial systems, and provides management advisory services. Oversees the work performed by other auditor/investigators, while also providing information technology support for the office.
- Assists the Audit Director implementing with a comprehensive annual work plan, which includes IT security and control audits, Internal control reviews, management advisory services, and other projects undertaken by the Office of Internal Audit. Works independently and provides guidance to lower level auditors/investigators. Develops the professional expertise of subordinates and resolves complex audit and other issues with staff. Conveys audit results through written reports and conferences. Reviews reports prepared by others.
- Performs internal inquiries and investigations concerning alleged violations of laws, procedures, policies, and rules. Evaluates and prepares documents, exhibits, reports, and other pertinent information.
- Determines compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, and recognized guidelines for areas under examination. Makes recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Interprets the policies of Florida International University, other state agencies, the Federal government, and other pertinent agencies in relation to the performance of duties.
- Evaluates internal controls integral to the safeguarding of University assets, including information systems and data.
- Access all data of the University necessary for the execution of assigned engagements and for assessing the extent of compliance with policies, procedures, recognized IT frameworks, and business practices. Identifies opportunities for increasing efficiencies and strengthening information security and administrative controls and recommends improvements and changes to policies and procedures as necessary.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as they relate to the operations of the Office of Internal Audit. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and four (4) years of experience or a Master’s degree in a related field and two (2) years of experience (must obtain certification within 6 months of hired).
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialization and 5 years of experience or Master’s degree in an appropriate specialization and 4 years of experience.
Progressive auditing experience.
Working experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
IT systems control management experience.
Progressive auditing experience preferred in higher education or government environment.
Strong understanding of workstation security, identity access management, network security, business continuity, and COBIT, NIST, Cybersecurity Frameworks and their application.
Self-guided Project management experience
Actively maintained certification or license in the following:Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC).
$84,000 – $87,000
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
Extended Criminal Background Check
Travel to FIU Campus’
Please visit our website: https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/ for additional information and application instructions.
Job ID 527519 for Senior Information Systems Auditor II – Internal Audit Position
HR Contact: Adele Mann, email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit hr.fiu.edu.