Assists the Audit Manager in performing operational audits and internal investigations while ascertaining the extent of compliance with policies, procedures, and best business practices. Identifies opportunities for increasing operational efficiencies and strengthening administrative controls.
- Assists the Audit Manager in implementing a comprehensive annual work plan, which includes operational and financial audits, internal control reviews, management advisory services and other projects undertaken by the Office of Internal Audit.
- May provide general guidance/direction or train support staff. Develops the professional expertise of subordinates and resolves complex audit and other issues with University management. Conveys audit results through written reports and conferences. Prepares supporting work papers and draft reports.
- Coordinates, performs, and oversees internal inquiries and investigations concerning alleged violations of the laws, procedures, policies and rules. Prepares, documents, exhibits, reports and other pertinent information for use in formal, and informal hearings.
- Works with other department staff on consulting projects as requested. Provides indirect supervision to the other department staff on such projects.
- Determines compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies for areas under examination. Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Interprets policies of Florida International University, and other state agencies, the Federal government, and other pertinent agencies in relation to the performance of duties.
- Follows up on the implementation of prior audits.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and four (4) years of experience or a Master’s degree in an appropriate specialization and two (2) years of experience.
$65,000 – $75,000 (commensurate with education and experience)
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
How to Apply / Contact
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE: careers.fiu.edu and search for Senior Auditor – Internal Audit with JOB ID 525397 for more information and application instructions.
HR Contact: Adele Mann, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com