Website Florida International University Office of Internal Audit
Job Title: Audit Manager – Internal Audit
Job ID: 523710
Location: Florida International University, Modesto A. Maidique Campus, in Miami, Florida. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
The Audit Manager assists the Audit Director in implementing a comprehensive annual work plan and other projects undertaken by the Office of Internal Audit. Performs operational audits and internal investigations, while ascertaining the extent of compliance with policies, procedures, and business practices. Identifies opportunities for increasing operational efficiencies and strengthening administrative controls.
- Assists the Audit Director in implementing a comprehensive annual work plan, which includes operational and financial audits, internal control reviews, management advisory services and other projects undertaken by the Office of Internal Audit.
- Coordinates, performs, and supervises internal inquiries and investigations concerning alleged violations of the laws, procedures, policies, and rules. Prepares, supervises, and reviews the preparation of documents, exhibits, reports and other pertinent information for use in formal, and informal hearings.
- Works with other department staff on special projects as requested. Provides indirect supervision to the other department staff on such projects.
- Determines compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies for areas under examination. Makes recommendations for improvements continuous.
- Interprets policies of Florida International University, and other state agencies, the Federal government, and other pertinent agencies in relation to the performance of duties.
- Provides leadership within the department. Assists the Audit Director in the planning, coordination, and review of the functions of the Office of Internal Audit.
- Verifies and accounts of monetary funds throughout campus. Evaluates internal controls integral to the safeguarding of University assets.
- Accesses all data of the University, including payroll records, personnel evaluations, details of financial activity and student records.
- Conveys audit results through written reports and conferences. Reviews work papers and reports prepared by others.
- Supervises lower-level personnel and evaluates their performance. Discusses audit and investigations results with management.
- Identifies opportunities for increasing operational efficiencies and strengthening administrative controls. Makes recommendations for improvement.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialization and seven (7) years of experience or a Master’s degree in an appropriate specialization and five (5) years of experience.
Must also have one of the following certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant OR
- Certified Internal Auditor OR
- Certified Fraud Examiner OR
- Certified Information Systems Administration OR
- Certified Government Audit Professional
Certification/license must remain active throughout employment at FIU.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality of employees’ records.
- Ability to interact effectively with others.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. In this account, you can track your applicant status in “My Applications”.
In order to be considered eligible for the position as an internal candidate, departmental staff must meet minimum requirements of the position, be in good performance standing, and have been continuously employed at the University for at least six months.
Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
Please visit our website: Careers – FIU Human Resources for additional information and application instructions.
Job ID 523710 for Audit Manager – Internal Audit Position
HR Contact: Adele Mann, email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org