Senior Auditor (Internal Audit) – 530197
Performs operational audits and internal investigations while ascertaining the extent of compliance with policies, procedures, and best business practices. Identifies opportunities for increasing operational efficiencies and strengthening administrative controls.
- Works closely with the Audit Manager in implementing a comprehensive annual work plan, which includes operational and financial audits, internal control reviews, management advisory services and other projects undertaken by the Office of Internal Audit. May provide general guidance/direction or train support staff. Develops the professional expertise of subordinates and resolves complex audit and other issues with University management. Conveys audit results through written reports and conferences. Prepares supporting work papers and draft reports.
- Coordinates, performs and oversees internal inquiries and investigations concerning alleged violations of the laws, procedures, policies and rules. Prepares, documents, exhibits, reports and other pertinent information for use in formal, and informal hearings.
- Works with other department staff on consulting projects as requested. Provides indirect supervision to the other department staff on such projects.
- Determines compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies for areas under examination. Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Interprets policies of Florida International University, and other state agencies, the Federal government and other pertinent agencies in relation to the performance of duties.
- Follows up on the implementation of prior audits.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and four (4) years of experience or a Master’s degree in a related field and two (2) years of experience.
- Progressive auditing experience in higher education or government environment.
- Actively maintained certification or license in one of the following:
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC).
Working knowledge of fundamental IT controls.
Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of fundamental IT controls.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: $73,000 – $78,000
Begin time: 8:30AM
End time: 5:00PM
Operating University Vehicles (all types)
Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
Travel to FIU Campus
For further information or to apply, please visit: careers.fiu.edu
and reference Job Opening ID #530197 – Senior Auditor
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. In this account, you are able to track your applicant status in “My Applications”.
To be considered eligible for the position as an internal candidate, departmental staff must meet minimum requirements of the position and be in good performance standing.
Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
To apply for this job please visit hr.fiu.edu.