Florida Department of Revenue Office of Inspector General
The incumbent in this position is expected to:
• Follow the Department of Revenue Standards of Conduct, model ethical behavior, and demonstrate the Department’s mission, vision and values in all activities.
• Provide excellent customer service, maintain a professional demeanor, and strive for continual improvement at all times.
• Hold all employees accountable for ethical and appropriate standards of conduct. This includes adherence and compliance with ethics-related policies and procedures. Show concern for others through demonstrated action. Model the way for employees by initiating, supporting and rewarding innovation, teamwork and quality performance; contribute to a working environment based upon Department of Revenue values that is free of harassment or intimidation and that is conducive to a pleasant and productive atmosphere.
Under the supervision of the Inspector General, this position is responsible for directing internal audits, management reviews, consulting engagements, special studies, and other accountability activities for the agency in order to add value and improve productivity and efficiency in department operations. This position must comply with the requirements set forth in Section 20.055 F.S.
Coordinate the work of staff to provide an integrated Audit approach in evaluating IT and non-IT controls of agency systems/processes.
Leads the annual and on-going assessment of Department risks working directly with business process owners and senior management to complete risk analysis, develop risk documentation, and reporting mechanisms in order to develop and prepare the annual audit plan.
Responsible for identifying, monitoring, and evaluating agency and business process level risks and controls, identifying weaknesses, and offering enhancement solutions.
Perform or act as lead auditor on financial, compliance, or operational audits, inquiries, special studies and management reviews to review and evaluate operational procedures and/or management practices. Ensure audits are conducted in accordance with professional auditing standards. Identify and provide recommendations on systematic problems in order to assist the Department in continual improvement.
Provide assistance to agency officials and their staff through recommendations which promote the most efficient and effective accomplishment of agency operating objectives at the lowest cost and in the development of resource allocation methodologies. Provides management consultant services and assistance based upon professional auditing standards as well as accepted practices, theories, techniques, and methodologies.
Assist with the coordination and cooperation of audits and reviews performed by external entities, such as the Florida Auditor General (AG), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability (OPPAGA), and other governmental entities.
Monitor the implementation of agency responses to any internal or external audit findings and recommendations and report on the status of correction actions taken.
Responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of the Department’s Fraud program and the fraud prevention and response policies and procedures for the Department.
Review proposed changes in laws, rules, and regulations to determine what impact they may have on Department managerial policy and on programs and operations of the agency.
Plan and direct the Quality Assurance function and Quality Improvement Program for the Department.
Maintain procedures/forms manual for the Internal Audit and Management Services Sections.
Stress accountability and continuous improvement. Ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies.
In addition, the incumbent is expected to:
• Develop and communicate program goals, strategies, and performance expectations to employees.
• Evaluate performance and take appropriate action.
• Identify training and resources that employees need to accomplish program objectives.
• Make suggestions and recommendations regarding the hiring, firing, advancement, and promotion of employees, as well as make recommendations regarding any other change of status. These suggestions and recommendations are given particular weight in the decision-making process.
Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.myflorida.com.