School District of Philadelphia OIG
This is a full-time, non-represented role. The salary grade is 4027. This role will have the opportunity for a hybrid work schedule.
For forward-thinking administrators and educators, opportunities abound in the School District of Philadelphia. The School District of Philadelphia is committed to transforming the education opportunities it offers the city’s more than 203,000 school-aged children. The District seeks leaders who have a passion for working with schools, principals and communities who are committed to ensuring all students achieve. Serving a population as diverse as ours requires creativity, commitment and vision. Equity is our mandate. Will you join us?
The Contract Oversight Specialist assists the Inspector General by providing general observation, oversight and analysis of various aspects of the District contracting process, including contractor prequalification, bid solicitation, evaluation, and oversight of contract performance, including design and construction and delivery of goods or services. Functions are performed in accordance with the Association of Inspectors General’s Principles and Standards for Office of Inspector General, Quality Standards for Inspection, Evaluations and Reviews. The Contract Oversight Specialist ensures that tax dollars are spent efficiently and wisely and that decision makers’ actions are transparent, fair, objective, honest and most importantly, without bias or prejudice. Work is performed under the supervision of the Inspector General.
- Evaluates the District’s contracting process including, but not limited to, the functions reflected.
- Assesses comprehensiveness and validity of information provided by applicant contractors to qualify them to work in the District.
- Performs quality assurance reviews by conducting field observations and interviews at project sites to evaluate the operations against defined contract performance objectives and deliverables and ensures that departmental staff is providing quality control.
- Notifies the Inspector General of any detections of suspected conflict of interest, fraud, waste or abuse, which may warrant further investigation or audit.
- Ensures that proposed negotiated terms of contracts are consistent with the bid or request requirements.
- Performs independent performance analysis of proposed contracts and interprets results.
- Performs complex financial and/or statistical analysis of proposed contracts and interprets results.
- Attends meetings to observe process and interviews project staff to obtain information relative to contract oversight.
- Researches project issues or areas of concern.
- Reviews proposed contracts to determine efficiency and/or cost effectiveness.
- Performs an independent evaluation of internal procedures, controls and contract management to determine the adequacy, effectiveness and sufficiency of the contracting process and to validate and verify that all work being performed is within the scope of the contract and that the School District received all required contract deliverables.
- Reviews the processes for initiating and issuing contract modifications (change orders).
- Briefs the Inspector General on any issues or concerns that arise during the course of assignments.
- Writes concise, detailed reports and memoranda to document and present observations, findings and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, business management, finance, public administration.
- Five years of full-time, paid, professional, government contracting or acquisition program management experience with direct accountability for cost, schedule and performance or engineering project management overseeing programs in excess of $5M or criminal investigations conducting contract fraud and oversight of public entities, programs and contract. Experience in municipal government is preferred.
- Preference for a CPA, CFE, CIGA certification.
- All work experience related to the position must be included on the resume.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- the principles, practices, methods and procedures of contracting.
- the laws, rules and regulations applicable to governmental contracting and oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- plan, organize, direct and coordinate daily work activities.
- effectively plan, organize and coordinate contract oversight work assignments.
- work with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- operate a personal computer utilizing word processing and spreadsheet software for the purpose of creating documents and reports.
- effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The School District of Philadelphia provides to all persons equal access to all categories of employment in this District, regardless of race, color, age, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin or handicap/disability, gender identity, or genetic information. Please refer to Board Policy 104 for further information regarding the District’s commitment to Nondiscrimination in Employment Practices.
To apply for this job please visit aa080.referrals.selectminds.com.