Website City of Jacksonville Office of Inspector General
Are you looking for a position with a work/life balance? Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
The Office of the Inspector General is actively seeking an Office Administrator.
Did you know that as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 11 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
This position reports to the Inspector General – Finance and Intake Unit Manager and provides advanced level administrative support to the Inspector General’s Office. Primary responsibilities include the following:
Examples of Work
· Handles all clerical and administrative matters.
· Greets and escorts visitors.
· Manages departmental calendars and schedules.
· Receives, screens, records and routes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
· Supports the overall mission of the Inspector General’s Office by providing customer service in a manner that creates a positive customer experience.
· Prepares for and participates in meetings to include scheduling the location, preparing and distributing the agenda and related meeting materials, and posting notices of meetings.
· Records, transcribes and posts meeting minutes and related media to the Office of Inspector General (OIG) website.
· Coordinates Inspector General Selection and Retention Committee meetings.
· Ensures office supplies are stocked and serves as the primary point of contact for supply inventory re-order requests.
· Reconciles and pays purchase or blanket order invoices.
· Handles travel arrangements to include preparing travel requests and submission of expenditures for reimbursement.
· Prepares routine and complex correspondence and reports.
· Edits and reviews documents for accuracy.
· Maintains administrative records, files and reports.
· Coordinates with other City agencies such as ITD and Accounting to resolve issues.
· Responsible for answering the Office of Inspector General Hotline.
· Serves as the OIG’s City website content manager.
· Tracks blanket order expenditures and payments.
· Edits and updates forms and policy manuals.
· Assists with required reports, to include the annual report.
· Prepares Office of Inspector General training and informational materials.
· Performs other work as required.
Open Requirements/Supplemental Information
· A five-year combination of education and professional experience providing advanced level administrative support.
· Advanced knowledge and application of Microsoft Office, including Publisher and Outlook.
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Journalism, Marketing, or a related area.
· A valid driver’s license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during employment in this class.
· Must qualify for prior to appointment, obtain, and maintain during employment in this class a City of Jacksonville certification as a public driver.
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED.
· Apply at www.coj.net/jobs. NEOGOV works best with Google Chrome or Edge with Chromium web browsers. Please try to apply using one of these browsers. You may have to cut and paste the link into the browser’s search area. Be sure to add coj.net to your address book to ensure you receive email notifications. You may also check your application status at any time by logging into your account.
If claiming veteran’s preference, you must attach a DD-214 (Member Form-4 copy) or military discharge papers, or equivalent certification from the Department of Veterans Affairs listing military status, dates of service and character of discharge. You must also attach the Veterans Preference Certification Form and if applicable, the additional forms as noted here: http://www.coj.net/departments/employee-services/veterans-preference
If a candidate believes he or she was not afforded veteran’s preference, he or she may file an email complaint or written complaint, within 60 calendar days upon receipt of notification of the hiring decision, requesting an investigation to:
Florida Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans Preference Coordinator
11351 Ulmerton Road, Suite 311
Largo, FL 33778-1630
City of Jacksonville
117 West Duval Street, Suite 100
Jacksonville, Florida, 32202
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.