Website City of Jacksonville
The Office of Inspector General is actively seeking one (1) Contract Oversight Specialist II.
This position reports to the Inspector General (or designee) and is responsible for providing general reviews, oversight and/or analysis of the contracting process for the entire City of Jacksonville Consolidated Government in accordance with the City of Jacksonville Ordinance Code.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with preferred discipline in Business Management, Finance, Public Administration, Construction Management, Contract Management or Accounting.
- Must possess four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Government contracting as a primary or administrative contracting or contract compliance/oversight officer;
- Procurement or contract management responsibilities to include contract acquisition; developing contract monitoring plans or contract compliance;
- Auditing of state and /or local government contracts;
- Experience supporting criminal, civil or administrative contract fraud investigations.
- Experience in a municipal government is preferred.
- Professional certifications such as a Certified Public Procurement Official, Project Management Professional, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Public Accountant is preferred
- A valid state Driver’s License is required prior to application and must be maintained at all times during employment.
- Must qualify prior to application, obtain and maintain during employment a City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification.
The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. Employees are afforded 12 paid holidays plus a paid personal day. Our comprehensive benefit programs include defined contribution retirement plan, medical, dental and vision plans; life insurance coverage for you and your dependents; flexible spending plans for medical reimbursement, dependent care; an employee assistance program for you and your dependents; a 457(b) tax-deferred compensation plan to supplement your retirement, and a ROTH IRA plan. We also provide an extensive wellness program that includes a health intervention program if qualified, lunch and learns, health fairs, and discounted gym memberships.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. To be considered for this position you MUST apply online at https://www.lcoj.net/jobs.
To apply for this job please visit www.coj.net.