Are you looking for a position with a work/life balance? Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
The Office of the Inspector General is actively seeking one (1) Auditor II .
Did you know that as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 11 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
This position reports to the Inspector General (or designee) and is responsible for conducting compliance and performance audits and reviews of Consolidated Government activities to support on-going Office of Inspector General investigations and activities, evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls over such activities, and determining whether the activities are in compliance with laws, policies and procedures and good business practices. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Conducts annual risk assessment and assists with developing substantial portions of the Office of Inspector General Annual Audit plan.
- Assists with identifying and developing the scope of audits and determining the appropriate audit procedures to be performed.
- Contributes to the development of an audit program based on audit scope and objectives.
- Attends interviews with Department Directors, Consolidated Government officials and/or staff to gain an understanding of department and division operations.
- Conducts surveys and audits of Consolidated Government functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of the functions and the adequacy of controls under the direction and supervision of the Auditor III (or designee).
- Evaluates financial or transactional data and detects irregularities, such as duplicate, erroneous, or fraudulent data that requires further investigation.
- Prepares and orally communicates written presentations of audit findings and recommendations to Department Directors and Consolidated Government officials. May be called upon to conduct entrance or exit conferences with these officials without participation by the Inspector General.
- Prepares written and complete audit reports including recommendations for corrective action(s) and/or process improvement(s) relating to areas of weakness or noncompliance identified during the audit.
- Participates in meetings with Department Directors and/or Consolidated Government officials to present audit findings and to discuss recommendations for improving operations.
- Assists in developing various written presentations to the City Council, Mayor, and/or other officials.
- Provides audit related support to on-going Office of Inspector General investigations and activities.
- Reviews and audits contracts and contract compliance in support of investigations and other activities.
- May conduct multiple audits at the same time.
Performs related work and/or special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in business, accounting, or a related field; and
- Two (2) years of experience in internal auditing, accounting, financial auditing, or financial analysis.
- One or more of the following certifications are preferred:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA),
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA),
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE),
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA),
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP), or comparable.
- Association of Inspectors General Certified Inspector General Auditor (CIGA) certification and experience in a municipal government is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required and must be maintained.
- Must qualify prior to appointment and obtain and maintain during employment a City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.