Website Chicago Public Schools - Office of Inspector General
The Office of Inspector General for Chicago Public Schools is the independent oversight body for Chicago’s approximately 650 public, contract and charter schools. The Office of Inspector General is charged with the responsibility of investigating allegations of waste, fraud, financial mismanagement, and misconduct in public education within the jurisdiction of the Chicago Board of Education. The OIG’s Performance Analysis Unit conducts data analysis and performance reviews to make recommendations and improvements to CPS programs and processes.
Working in the Performance Analysis Unit, the Performance Analyst fills a central role in executing the mission of the Office of Inspector General for Chicago Public Schools.
Under supervision of the Chief Performance Analyst, the Performance Analyst analyzes the efficiency and effectiveness of Chicago Public Schools’ programs and procedures based on in-depth research and data analysis of CPS operations.
Responsibilities of the Performance Analyst include:
- Writing concise, logical and analytical reports summarizing complex issues
- Interviewing departmental staff and writing summaries of such interviews
- Creating tables, graphs and charts using Word or Excel
- Collecting, organizing, analyzing, and interpreting data related to program performance and efficiency
- Performing data analysis using software such as Excel or Access
- Reviewing and analyzing departmental records
- Organizing and maintaining Performance Analysis Unit files
- Reading, evaluating, and summarizing academic research relating to various issues facing CPS
- Creating PowerPoint presentations of OIG work
- Conducting site visits to schools and other CPS offices to perform analyses of work records and related documents (e.g., time sheets, activity reports, and financial statements)
- Assisting in the execution of large-scale and complex investigations, as required
- Performing additional ad hoc duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Refined judgment with the ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
- Analytical and critical-thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple deadlines, and work independently while maintaining high levels of organization
- Knowledge of or experience with Access, SPSS and ArcGIS is preferred. Familiarity with Oracle and PeopleSoft is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and
- Minimum of two years of professional experience; preferred in positions requiring data analysis, research, investigations, law, or writing detailed reports
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A valid State of Illinois driver’s license
- Availability to work outside of regular business hours on occasion.
Conditions of Employment:
As a condition of employment with the Chicago Public Schools (CPS), employees are required to:
- Establish/Maintain Chicago Residency – Employees are required to live within the geographic boundaries of the City of Chicago within six months of their CPS hire date and maintain residency throughout their employment with the district.
- Be Fully Vaccinated or Submit to Weekly COVID-19 Testing – Employees are required to be fully vaccinated within 30 days of their hire date. Full vaccination is defined as at least two weeks after your second shot of a two-shot vaccination course, or at least two weeks after a one-shot vaccination course. Unvaccinated staff must submit to weekly testing.
To Apply: Please follow the link to apply and submit a current resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, let us know why the job of OIG Performance Analyst interests you and how your skills, abilities and experience match up with those listed in our job posting.
CPS Non-Union Job Grade: S06
Estimated Annual Salary Range: $56,000 – $71,000
Final salary offers are dependent upon candidate qualifications.
Chicago Public Schools (CPS) is the third-largest school district in the United States, serving over 340,000 students in 600+ schools and employing nearly 36,000 people, most of them teachers. CPS has set ambitious goals to ensure that every student, in every school and every neighborhood, has access to a world-class learning experience that prepares each for success in college, career, and civic life. In order to fulfill this mission, we make three commitments to our students, their families, and all Chicagoans: academic progress, financial stability, and integrity. Six core values are embedded within these commitments – student-centered, whole child, equity, academic excellence, community partnership, and continuous learning.
To apply for this job please visit cpsk12il.taleo.net.