MTA OIG Office
2 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10121
December 9, 2013
- Steven Pasichow (“Steve”) called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m. Steve welcomed all to the board meeting of the New York/New Jersey Chapter (“Chapter”) of the Association of Inspectors General (“AIG”). Attendance was taken and the following board members were in attendance:
Steve Pasichow Deirdre Power
Barry Kluger Ned Benton
Ron Calvosa Tom Sommero
Gerald McEnroe Mary Jane Cooper
Ned Schwartz Kevin McGlynn
- Robert Joyce (“Bob”) noted that there were 11 board members present and therefore, there was a quorum.
- Steve stated that there are two main topics for today’s meeting: the AIG conference in October 2014 (“October Conference”), and the election of Chapter officers.
- Steve discussed various items relating to the October Conference. Steve checked with various Manhattan hotels, but their nightly rates and minimum requirements for food were more than what the AIG and its members could afford. Steve was able to obtain a similar agreement from the Newark Airport Marriott Hotel, where the Fall 2010 Conference was held. The nightly rate per hotel room will be $144. There is ample parking and no parking charges for attendees. Marriott just completed building a new ballroom and meeting space for conferences.
Steve said that it is critical that we develop interesting and applicable topics, and arrange for high quality speakers. The speakers should be a blend of Federal, State, and local speakers from the New Jersey/New York area and across the nation. Ned Benton (“Ned”) said that the topics should also have a “national flavor.” Steve asked the board members to assist in coming up with the topics/speakers for the conference.
Steve said that the AIG has made a policy decision that there will be no more sponsors at AIG conferences. However, it may be possible to have exhibitors who would pay the standard admission amount, and who would be able to maintain a table to distribute their business materials.
The conference sessions will offer CPE credits, and NY and NJ CLE credits. It was also suggested to offer a NYC tour to conference attendees. Ned mentioned the possibility of holding a course, or courses, at the new John Jay College building. We discussed logistics and difficulties associated with this, including transporting the attendees, cost, etc. We discussed the possibility of small break-out sessions, that there is only one conference per year, and that we had 210 attendees at the Fall 2010 Conference. These ideas will be further discussed.
- Steve started the process of electing the Chapter executive members. He said that the current officers’ terms are expiring on December 31, 2013 and that we need to elect new officers. The terms for the newly-elected Chapter officers will be for two years, and will end on December 31, 2015.
The election process was held as follows.
– Steve made the motion to nominate Deirdre Power for Treasurer. Ned seconded the motion. With no other nominations made, all board members indicated their approval for Deirdre to be Treasurer.
– Kevin McGlynn made the motion to nominate Bob for Secretary. Ned Schwartz seconded the motion. With no other nominations made, all board members indicated their approval for Bob to be secretary.
– Barry Kluger made the motion to nominate Gerald McEnroe (“Gerry”) for 3rd Vice President. Ronald Calvosa (“Ron”) seconded the motion. With no other nominations made, all board members indicated their approval for Gerry to be 3rd Vice President.
– Ned made the motion to nominate Mary Jane Cooper for 2nd Vice President. Ned Schwartz seconded the motion. With no other nominations made, all board members indicated their approval for Mary Jane to be 2nd Vice President.
– Ron made the motion to nominate Barry Kluger (“Barry”) for 1st Vice President. Ned seconded the motion. With no other nominations made, all board members indicated their approval for Barry to be 1st Vice President.
– Barry made the motion to nominate Steve for President. Gerry seconded the motion. With no other nominations made, all board members indicated their approval for Steve to be President.
The election process concluded.
- Steve said that the Chapter currently has 130 members and that the Chapter has approximately $6,000 in its fund.
- With no other business items, Steve called for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Bob second the motion and all voted in favor. Meeting concluded at 9:40 am.