Benefits of Membership
Through membership in the Association of Inspectors General, you will join other professionals interested in promoting accountability and integrity in government. Benefits of membership include:
- A network of qualified and dedicated officials and researchers
- Professional contacts which can help enhance your career
- The Association’s online newsletter – the IG News – which contains information about the Association and the Inspector General community.
- Discounts on registration for Association conferences and training institutes.
- A private online record of your participation in continuing professional education and your professional certifications.
- Improvement of your professional knowledge and skills
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of best practices, and
- Information about maintaining AIG Certifications.
The 2016/17 membership year begins on July 1, 2016, and ends on June 30, 2017.
Types of Memberships
The Association offers the following membership options:
- National membership
- National + Chapter membership
- Chapter Only membership
- Student Membership
Memberships are non-transferable.
Special Requirements for Certified Members (CIG, CIGA, CIGI)
AIG awards certifications for inspectors general, auditors and investigators through the Inspector General Institute.® In order to maintain certifications in “active” status, individuals must maintain membership in the Association, and starting with membership year 2016/17 will have to certify that they have completed 40 hour of continuing professional education credits in the last two years. (For more information regarding maintaining AIG certifications click here.)
Bulk Membership Purchases
The Association offers certain discounts for agencies that purchase multiple memberships.
2016-2017 Membership Payment Information
Fees may be paid by:
- Credit card – Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discovery.
- Check or Money Order – If you do not want to pay by credit card, you can request an invoice on your electronic membership form and will receive the invoice via email. Please print out the invoice and mail it along with your check or money order to:
Association of Inspectors General
John Jay College of Criminal Justice
524 West 59th Street, Room 53340T
New York, NY 10019
Questions about Membership
Questions regarding membership should be referred to Associate Executive Director for Membership Jessica Cabrera at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email is the preferred method of contacting the office and ensures a quick response to all questions.