Benefits of Membership
Through membership in the Association of Inspectors General, you will join other professionals interested in promoting accountability and integrity in government.Â Benefits of membership include:
- A network of qualified and dedicated officials and researchers
- Professional contacts which can help enhance your career
- The Association’s newsletter which contains information about the field and the latest information on the Association’s plans and activities
- Members-only access to our website which includes online discussion forums on key issues in the field.
- Discounts on registration for Association conferences and training institutes.
- A private online record of your participation in continuing professional education and your professional certifications.
- Improvement of your professional knowledge and skills, and
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of best practices.
Anyone of good character, honor and integrity who subscribes to the purposes and objectives of the Association may become a member. There are four categories of membership:
- Individual membership entitles the member to receive all membership benefits including voting rights.
- Agency membership is open to governmental agencies and entitles six employees of the agency to receive all membership benefits including voting rights.
- Chapter membership is available in our local chapters.
- Student membership is open to students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate curriculum at a college or university. Student members receive all membership benefits excluding voting rights.
What is the cost of membership?
The following types of memberships are offered:
- Individual – $50/year
- Agency – $250/year for 6 memberships; $50 for each additional membership.
- Chapter – Click here for more information
- Student – $15
- July 1 to June 30
How can I join?
- Click Here for the Membership Dues Payment Page to join the association and or one of its six chapters.