The Special Commissioner of Investigation for the NYC School District
The Office of the Special Commissioner of Investigation for the New York City School District (“SCI”) is seeking a candidate to serve as an Intake Investigator.
Under the direct supervision of SCI’s Intake Supervisor, this entry level Confidential Investigator position requires, but is not limited to, the following duties and skills:
● Answer phone calls in a professional manner from various sources regarding complaints or allegations of wrongdoing;
● Ability to conduct detailed telephone interviews during which the intake investigator will question the caller in order to receive the necessary information to process complaints accordingly;
● Transcribe and otherwise prepare the received pertinent information into the designated database in order to generate comprehensive complaint reports;
● Transmit complaints received by the office via fax, mail, email, website, or other format into the designated database;
● Take initiative in following up/corroborating with other appointed personnel/departments in order to obtain supplemental information regarding particular allegations;
● Handling case sensitive and confidential data in an appropriate and secure manner.
THOSE HIRED BY SCI ARE DOE SALARIED EMPLOYEES AND NYC RESIDENCY IS NOT REQUIRED.
Visit our website at https://nycsci.org/employment/ to see the job description, minimum qualifications and preferred skills for the position. Follow the steps in the “APPLY ONLINE” section to submit your application. Please do not email, mail, or fax your resume to SCI directly. Submissions of applications does not guarantee an interview. Due to the high volume of resumes SCI receives, only selected candidates will be contacted.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
To apply for this job please visit nycsci.org.