Visit www.igchicago.org to apply
Under direction, supports all information technology needs of the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and
performs system administration and management functions within the Center for Information Technology & Analytics–Information Technology unit, by maintaining IT hardware, security systems, OIG applications,
software, and communications equipment.
• Identifies computer hardware and software needs of users and recommends cost efficient means for
meeting those needs.
• Deploys new technologies; monitors the work of vendors and contract staff responsible for the
implementation and maintenance of new applications.
• Designs, installs, configures, maintains, and performs system integration testing of PC/server operating
systems, related utilities, and hardware
• Manages systems and services on the department’s local and wide area network (LAN/WAN)
environment, ensuring system security, user access, and software availability
• Functions as a System Administrator for the OIG hypervisor environment by overseeing application
security, system configurations, and modifications.
• Supports and maintains enterprise databases and enterprise-wide applications supporting OIG’s sections
• Utilizes programs and writes queries to create management reports, assists with designing and
modifying existing databases and applications
• Works closely with the Technical Support Administrator to coordinate provisioning user accounts such
as Active Directory, Office 365, and internal applications
• Provides technical support by troubleshooting and/or coordinating the resolution of system and hardware
• Coordinates projects related to the development and maintenance of the department’s information
technology systems (e.g., Intranet applications, data, telecommunications, audio/video services, office
• Serves as a liaison to the City’s centralized IT department and vendors on system installation and
• Researches, evaluates, and recommends software products for purchase, as required
Additional duties may be required for this position
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s
degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, or a directly related field, plus four years of work
experience in computer operations; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Preference will be given to candidates possessing the following:
• Previous experience in an administrator role utilizing Microsoft 365
• Experience in a role utilizing vCenter and vSphere to manage virtual machines.
• Experience in a role managing Microsoft Servers
ANNUAL SALARY: Range: $73,788 – $121,440 (annual increases) Starting $73,788 (non-negotiable); Post successful six-month review $75,624
TRAVEL AND SCHEDULE: Travel outside Chicago is not required. Standard work hours are 8:30am-4:30pm, flexibility permitted.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Employees must be a resident of the City of Chicago and proof of residency is required at the commencement of employment.
KNOWLEDGE SKILL AND ESSAY REQUIREMENT: A passing score on a knowledge skill test(s) and/or essay may be required.
Employee Vaccination Requirement: City of Chicago employees must, as a condition of employment, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 effective October 15, 2021. This Policy applies to all City employees. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable City processes. For more information on the vaccine policy please visit: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/dhr/supp_info/city-of-chicago-employee-vaccination-policy.html
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) is an equal opportunity employer. OIG is an inclusive organization that hires and develops all its staff of all levels regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, marital or parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, age, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
OIG strives to create the kind of workplace where a socially diverse mix of people can thrive professionally. We pride ourselves in meeting our legal charge to promote economy, effectiveness, efficiency, and integrity in government. Through the hard work of our passionate and innovative team, OIG aims to serve every community with equity, respect, and dignity. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to disability or pregnancy to participate in the application process, please contact the OIG’s Supervisor of Personnel Administration Keyla Vazquez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be prepared to provide information in support of your reasonable
THE CITY OF CHICAGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in
the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The City of Chicago does not participate in E-Verify (Employment Eligibility Verification System). In addition, employment at the Office of Inspector General is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE INDIVIDUAL APPLYING. NO SECOND PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. THE INSPECTOR GENERAL’S OFFICE REQUIRES THAT ITS EMPLOYEES BE NONPARTISAN AND FREE FROM CONFLICTS OF INTEREST.
To apply for this job please visit www.igchicago.org.