Website SSA Office of the Inspector General
To: Retired Federal Law Enforcement Employees
Locations and Vacancies:
- Manchester, New Hampshire (3 vacancies for investigative coverage of Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont)
- Providence, Rhode Island (1 vacancy for investigative coverage of Connecticut)
Summary: The Social Security Administration (SSA), Office of the Inspector General, seeks former Federal law enforcement employees to serve as benefit fraud investigators within SSA and the OIG’s Cooperative Disability Investigations (CDI) Program. The OIG seeks to bring on former Federal law enforcement employees as reemployed annuitants and currently has 4 open assignments. Selectees will pursue potential cases of Social Security disability fraud and potential fraud against related government benefit programs in the areas of Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
Qualifications: To be minimally qualified, candidates for the position must:
- have at least 10 years of experience serving as a Federal GS-1811 Criminal Investigator.
- have experience investigating cases of Federal/State/local government benefit fraud and/or worker’s compensation fraud.
- be located in or near one of the following for areas: Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
Candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to analyze and apply Federal and agency regulations, policies, and procedures relating to fraud and investigations.
- Ability to work effectively with other offices and organizations to accomplish a common objective.
- Skill in using a variety of investigative techniques to gather information and evidence.
- Ability to prepare and present comprehensive reports and results of investigations orally and in writing.
How To Apply: Please send your resume and an SF-50 indicating your retirement from the Federal government and direct any questions to Conor Washington, Special Agent-in-Charge, Cooperative Disability Investigations Division, SSA OIG, at email@example.com.
The U.S. Government does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org