Florida Department of Transportation OIG
The Florida Department of Transportation’s Office of Inspector General is in search of a Sr Auditor (Senior Management Analyst II-SES). This position reports directly to the Quality Assurance and Operations Support Manager.
As the Sr. Auditor, your responsibilities will include:
- Performs quality reviews of internal systems, processes, and activities, including reports and supporting documents to ensure quality work and compliance with professional standards and department policies and procedures. Provides recommendations and insight into the level of effectiveness and efficiency of the engagement process and any associated templates. Assists in preparation for the external performance review by the Auditor General.
- Assists in the development of the Office of the Inspector General’s risk assessment, analyzes data and participates in the development of the annual and long term work plan. Assists in monitoring progress of the annual work plan. Assists in the development of the annual report.
- Conducts audits/engagements as assigned. Develops assignment scopes, methodologies, and audit programs. Prepares, researches and designs evaluations of programs, systems, controls, policies, procedures and other functions using audit and analytical techniques. Analyzes supporting evidence, draws logical conclusions and develops appropriate findings and recommendations. Performs special projects and analyses in response to requests from Department managers, the Secretary, the Legislature and the Governor’s Chief Inspector General.
- Serves as back-up to the Operations & Management Consultant Manager in the duties of the office’s operations support including budget, purchasing, Human Resources, property management, training and certification monitoring, technology, administrative support, and day-to-day office operations.
- Serves as back-up coordinator for the Office of Inspector General’s project assignment/time management system. Provides reports requested by management and staff. Assists management in expanding the utilization of the system as appropriate. Contributes as needed to training and technical support of the system. Assists with implementation and maintenance of the project assignment/time management system.
- Assists in evaluating and developing Office of Inspector General procedures to increase production, improve quality of work, and to provide a standard by which Office of Inspector General tasks should be completed. Ensures the staff is made aware of the changes to standards, helps to interpret those changes and implements any required changes to audit processes as a result of a change in standards.
(The link below outlines additional duties and responsibilities)
Position: Sr Auditor (Sr. Management Analyst II – SES)
Anticipated Annual Salary: $61,800.18
Closing Date: 05/9/2021
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Select the link below to see the complete job posting and to apply:
To learn more about the FDOT OIG:
To apply for this job please visit gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com.