Florida Department of Revenue
Florida Department of Revenue
Office of Inspector General
Senior Management Analyst II – SES
If you have a desire to use your talent and skills at an organization that provides critical services to millions of individuals, businesses and families across the state, the Florida Department of Revenue invites you to apply to become an essential member of our team. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and providing employment opportunities to veterans and individuals who have a disability. To learn more about the Department of Revenue’s excellent array of benefits, including career training, tuition waivers, paid vacations, insurance, and retirement programs, visit our website.
This highly responsible professional position involves performing complex studies or audits (in accordance with s. 20.055, F.S.) for the Inspector General to help improve Department of Revenue management capabilities and operational procedures. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Employ discretion, independent judgment, resourcefulness, versatility, and initiative using a variety of professional skills and techniques to reach conclusions and findings.
- Provide management consultant services and assistance based upon well-established and accepted practices, theories, techniques, and methodology, including professional auditing standards.
- Review and monitor implementation strategies and corrective actions plans.
- Assist with conducting the annual agency risk assessment and developing the internal audit plan.
- Assist with developing and implementing Internal Audit process improvement activities.
- Assist with training and mentoring less-experienced Internal Audit section staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, from an accredited college or university
- Three (3) years of professional experience in auditing
- Experience independently establishing and tracking deadlines to ensure completion of projects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of auditing, program analysis, and International Professional Practices Framework
- Experience using SharePoint
SALARY: The hiring salary for this position will not exceed $4,583.34 monthly/ $55,000 annually.
Benefits include, but are not limited to, health insurance, life insurance, tuition waivers, paid sick and personal leave, 10 paid holidays annually, retirement savings, and vision and dental insurance.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
CONTACT INFORMATION: Phylisa Johnson, 850-717-7179, Phylisa.Johnson@floridarevenue.com
SCREENING DISCLAIMER: Your responses to qualifying questions must be verifiable by skills and/or experiences you stated on your candidate profile and/or resume.
SKILLS VERIFICATION TEST OR ONLINE SKILLS ASSESSMENT: If you meet the minimum job requirements, we might require you to take a skills verification test or an online skills assessment to be considered for an interview.
CANDIDATE POOL: If you apply for this job but are not hired, you may be considered for future vacant positions at or below the Senior Management Analyst II level for up to six months.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: You will be required to undergo a National Level-2 criminal background check which requires you to provide your fingerprints.
REMINDER: Male candidates born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website at http://www.sss.gov.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Nearest Major Market: Tallahassee
To apply for this job email your details to Phylisa.Johnson@floridarevenue.com