Website School District of Palm Beach County
Job ID: 242712
The position is located in the Inspector General Office of the Palm Beach County School District. The Audit Supervisor is a managerial and supervisory industry professional who participates in and oversees the planning and conduct of audits designed to evaluate internal controls over the District’s operations. The position goal is to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and policies governing the safeguarding of District assets and finances in compliance with regulatory standards and requirements.
1. Assists the Audit Director in the daily supervision of assigned audit projects.
2. Supervises audit staff and performs financial and operational audits, inspections, and special reviews at the request of management, in accordance with Government Auditing Standards and standards issued by the Association of Inspectors General.
3. Examines financial records and operational areas to ensure conformity with generally accepted accounting principles, federal and state laws, Board rules, administrative directives, procedural manuals, good accounting procedures, and sound business practices.
4. Plans the scope of the audit/inspection/special review, prepares audit/inspection/special review of programs, and determines procedures to be used in the audit/inspection/special review.
5. Identifies key control points of a system and evaluates systems effectiveness and efficiency through the application of the auditor’s knowledge of business systems.
6. Obtains, analyzes and appraises data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion of the activities being audited/inspected/reviewed for reports to management and to the School Board.
7. Directs, counsels, and instructs staff assigned to the audit/inspection/special review and reviews their work for sufficiency of scope and accuracy.
8. Prepares audit/inspection/special review reports, discusses such reports with appropriate administrators, and appraises the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, public administration, criminal justice, or related field (master’s degree preferred).
2. CIGA (Certified Inspector General Auditor), CPA (Florida Certified Public Accountant), CIA(Certified Internal Auditor), CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner), or CISA (Certified Information System Auditor) required.
3. Minimum of seven (7) or more years of successful experience in performing audits and supervising internal audit staff within a large entity, including experience in auditing automated accounting systems.
4. Experience in the development and implementation of internal audit programs that maintain internal control over assets and finances and that ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
5. Knowledge of professional standards promulgated by the Association of Inspectors General and/or Government Auditing Standards promulgated by the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
6. Knowledge of governmental regulations, procedures, and constraints related to internal audit issues.
7. Knowledge of current computing technologies and software applications appropriate to the position’s job responsibilities.
8. Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
To apply for this job please visit erp.palmbeach.k12.fl.us.