Website New York City Department of Parks and Recreation
NYC Parks is the steward of over 30,000 acres, including more than 5,000 properties ranging from Coney Island beach and Central Park to community gardens and Green Streets. These diverse public spaces include 800 athletic fields, nearly 1,000 playgrounds, 1,800 basketball courts, 67 public pools, 51 recreational facilities, 15 nature centers, 15 golf courses and 14 miles of beaches.
The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Office (DEIB) Office is responsible for implementing programs and policies which provide employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity in terms and conditions of employment.
· Under general supervision, with considerable latitude for independent action and decision, perform highly confidential investigations concerning the administrative misconduct of Agency officials or employees.
· Investigate harassment and discrimination claims.
· Collect and verify data and evidence.
· Maintain case records and investigative files.
· Prepare investigation reports and correspondence.
· Review interview materials.
· Observe job interviews when warranted.
1. A four-year high school diploma or is educational equivalent and four years of satisfactory full-time experience in one or more of the fields of accounting, auditing, correction administration, criminal justice administration and planning, forensic science, inspection, investigation, law enforcement, personnel administration, police science, and security, or in a major operational area of the agency in which the appointment is to be made; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college; or
3. Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” or “2” above.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required within 90 days of hire for all other candidates.
1. Bachelor’s degree with coursework in criminal justice, human resources, public administration or related field.
2. Excellent writing, research and interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to handle confidential matters.
4. Valid New York State driver license.
Salary: $50,580 – $58,167 plus excellent benefits.
Apply by 9/16/22
Work Location: Arsenal North, Manhattan
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID# 547820
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.
To apply for this job please visit www.nyc.gov.