Florida Department of Revenue
Florida Department of Revenue
Office of Inspector General
Senior Info Tech Business Consultant – SES
If you have a desire to use your talent and skills at an organization that provides critical services to millions of individuals, businesses and families across the state, the Florida Department of Revenue invites you to apply to become an essential member of our team. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and providing employment opportunities to veterans and individuals who have a disability. To learn more about the Department of Revenue’s excellent array of benefits, including career training, tuition waivers, paid vacations, insurance, and retirement programs, visit our website.
This highly responsible position involves performing complex studies or audits (in accordance with s. 20.055, F.S.) for the Inspector General to help improve Department of Revenue management capabilities and operational procedures. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing or acting as lead auditor on information technology (IT) audits and other management reviews, performance audits, financial/compliance audits as required. Conducts or assists in engagements involving computerized systems. Assists in the review of data furnished by management from IT systems to help provide assurance of the data’s accuracy and appropriateness. Researches best practices and standards for the IT industry to identify security issues with the agency’s IT systems. Coordinates communication of audit requests between staff auditors and data processing section. Assists in providing audit staff with current documentation concerning IT auditing concepts and technology.
- Maintains familiarity with ISO 20000 Standards and acts as the lead on the ISO 20000 internal audit, as required.
- Advises and assists the Deputy Director of Auditing, Director of Auditing, and the Inspector General on technical matters concerning engagements pertaining to data processing systems. Prepares and advises in preparation of programs used for testing by the internal auditors of IT files. Assists non-IT audit staff in data retrieval from the agency’s IT systems during performance of an audit and with understanding the IT systems to be audited.
- Confers with program representatives in reviewing programs and operations to identify management problems areas, specific information requirements, and reports the result to management.
- Reviews technical work of project teams in systems planning studies, information needs, assessments and systems analysis to assess effectiveness in meeting management information systems to identify potential approaches to problem solutions.
- Appraises the adequacy of corrective actions taken to improve deficiency conditions. Consults with supervisors and administrators on management information systems to identify potential approaches to problem solutions.
- Acts as the Office Automation Coordinator for the Office of Inspector General. Attends DCSA (Technical Team) meetings and reports issues of significance to the management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, from an accredited college or university
- Three (3) years of professional experience in IT auditing
- Experience independently establishing and tracking deadlines to ensure completion of projects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification
- Familiar with ISO 20000 Standards
- Knowledge of auditing, program analysis, and International Professional Practices Framework
- Experience using SharePoint
SALARY: The hiring salary for this position will not exceed $5,500.00 monthly/$66,000 annually.
Benefits include, but are not limited to, health insurance, life insurance, tuition waivers, paid sick and personal leave, 10 paid holidays annually, retirement savings, and vision and dental insurance.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW
CONTACT INFORMATION: Phylisa Johnson, 850-717-7179, Phylisa.Johnson@floridarevenue.com
SCREENING DISCLAIMER: Your responses to qualifying questions must be verifiable by skills and/or experiences you stated on your candidate profile and/or resume.
SKILLS VERIFICATION TEST OR ONLINE SKILLS ASSESSMENT: If you meet the minimum job requirements, we might require you to take a skills verification test or an online skills assessment to be considered for an interview.
CANDIDATE POOL: If you apply for this job but are not hired, you may be considered for future vacant positions at or below the Senior Info Tech Business Consultant level for up to six months.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: You will be required to undergo a National Level-2 criminal background check which requires you to provide your fingerprints.
REMINDER: Male candidates born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website at http://www.sss.gov.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Nearest Major Market: Tallahassee
To apply for this job email your details to Phylisa.Johnson@floridarevenue.com