Florida International University
Assists the Audit Director and Senior Managers in implementing a comprehensive annual work plan and other projects undertaken by the Office of Internal Audit. Performs operational audits and internal investigations, while ascertaining the extent of compliance with policies, procedures, and business practices. Identify opportunities for increasing operational efficiencies and strengthening administrative controls.
- Assists the Audit Director implementing a comprehensive annual work plan, which includes operational and financial audits, internal control reviews, management advisory services and other projects undertaken by the Office of Internal Audit. Provides leadership and supervision for the work performed by other auditors or investigators. Develops the professional expertise of subordinates and resolves complex audit and other issues with staff. Conveys audit results through written reports and conferences. Reviews work papers and reports prepared by others.
- Performs internal inquiries and investigations concerning alleged violations of laws, procedures, policies, and rules. Evaluates and prepares documents, exhibits, reports and other pertinent information.
- Determines compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies for areas under examination. Makes recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Interprets Florida International University policies, and other state agencies, the Federal government, and other pertinent agencies in relation to the performance of duties.
- Verifies and accounts for monetary funds throughout the University.
- Evaluates internal controls integral to the safeguarding of University assets.
- Accesses all data of the University, including payroll records, personnel evaluations, details of financial activity and student records.
- Conveys audit results through written reports and conferences.
- Reviews work papers and reports prepared by others.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialization and six (6) years of experience or a Master’s degree in an appropriate specialization and four (4) years of experience.
One of the following certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
$75,000 – $78,200
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
- Driver License Check
Ability to travel locally and nationally
- Travel to FIU Campus
How to Apply / Contact
HR Contact: Adele Mann, email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit hr.fiu.edu.