Website Florida Department of Revenue Office of Inspector General
This is a highly responsible professional position assigned to the Management Services Section in the Office of Inspector General (OIG). Under the supervision of the Director of Auditing the incumbent assists in the implementation and ongoing monitoring of risk assessments, performs reviews of proposed Department policies and procedures, analyzes and reports on legislative bills affecting the OIG, and performs audits, reviews, and data analysis processes, as directed.
The individual in this position assists with:
The OIG Quality Assurance Improvement Program. the compiling of the OIG annual report.
The performance of on-going assessments of Department risks to complete a risk analysis, develop risk documentation, and reporting mechanisms.
Reviewing proposed policies and procedures and associated laws, rules, and regulations to determine what risks and impacts they may have on existing Department policies, procedures, programs, and operations.
The individual in this position performs:
- Analysis of legislative bills by explaining the current situation and objectively analyzing changes made by the bill to identify operational and fiscal impacts to the OIG and the Department. Distributes proposed bills and analysis to appropriate OIG management and staff; incorporates OIG responses into the analysis; enters approved analysis into the Department’s bill tracking system within specified timeframes; and develops work plans to implement the law changes.
- Assists with complex studies, reviews, audits, and investigations and prepares or assists in the preparation of reports of results and recommendations of any needed corrective actions.
Determinations as to whether data provided by Department management from information technology systems is complete, accurate, sufficient, and appropriate for intended OIG testing or review purposes.
- Other assigned duties as needed.
The incumbent in this position is expected to:
- Follow the Department of Revenue Standards of Conduct, model ethical behavior, and demonstrate the Department’s mission, vision and values in all activities.
- Provide excellent customer service, maintain a professional demeanor, and strive for continual improvement at all times.
Comply with Section 20.055, Florida Statutes and Department ethics-related policies and procedures; be trustworthy; show concern for others through demonstrated actions; and contribute to a working environment that incorporates Department values and is pleasant, professional, productive, and free of harassment and intimidation.
- Employ discretion, independent judgment, resourcefulness, versatility, and initiative using a variety of professional skills and techniques to reach review, audit, or investigative conclusions.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of laws, rules, programs, policies, procedures, and other available information.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher, from an accredited college or university
Three (3) years of professional experience in internal auditing, risk assessment or policy and procedural analysis to determine compliance, impact, and effectiveness.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.myflorida.com.