Website Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles- Office of inspector General
Working to Make a Safer Florida
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) provides highway safety and security through excellence in service, education and enforcement. With a workforce of approximately 4,500 employees throughout the state, the Department is leading the way to A Safer Florida through the efficient and professional execution of its core mission: the issuance of driver licenses, vehicle tags and titles, and operation of the Florida Highway Patrol.
The Senior Management Analyst II (Lead Senior Auditor) is a highly responsible and professional position in the FLHSMV Office of Inspector General. As the Lead Senior Auditor, you plan, perform, and lead complex compliance, financial, and performance audits of the Department in accordance with applicable laws and auditing standards. Whether working independently or with team members, you conduct audit fieldwork, prepare and organize working papers, summarize the pertinent facts, and prepare a draft report with recommendations to assist the Department in continual improvement. You examine and evaluate systems of internal control, efficiency of operations and program performance. Additionally, you are responsible for leading audits, coordinating audit teams, and reviewing audit staff work. You perform risk assessment activities and assist management with preparation of the annual audit plan. You would serve as Audit Director in the Audit Director’s absence, assist with the internal Quality Assurance Program, and assist with external audit coordination.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university.
- At least 2 years of related professional experience such as conducting internal or external audits, conducting financial, compliance, or performance audits, assessing organizational risk, recommending business process improvements.
- An active Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Inspector General Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, or other applicable certification.
- A valid driver license is required for this position. A driver license history review will be conducted on all candidates in consideration for the position. The incumbent will be required to operate a State-owned vehicle.
- Travel is required.
- This position is subject to a Level 2 background along with CJIS security clearance, to include fingerprinting as a condition of employment pursuant to Chapter 110.1127, 435 and 943, Florida Statutes. As an applicant for positions requiring CJIS security clearance, you are required to disclose criminal records that have been sealed or expunged.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, technology, business operations and internal auditing principles and methodology;
- Knowledge of internal audit role, objectives, governance, reporting, and engagement management processes;
- Computer skills associated with the analysis of large volumes of data;
- Strong verbal and written skills needed for conducting interviews, establishing facts, and conveying conclusions and recommendations in group situations and written format;
- Knowledge of professional standards and ethics;
- Knowledge of project management principles.
Apply online through jobs.myflorida.com
To apply for this job please visit jobs.myflorida.com.