Website Florida Atlantic University
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic’s faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Senior Auditor/Investigator, Boca Raton, FL.
Summary of responsibilities include:
- Plans, performs, and reviews internal audits, investigations, management advisory/consulting services, and/or operational reviews in accordance with OIG standard audit policies and procedures.
- Develop investigative plans and procedures to be performed for investigative assignments, under the supervision of the Inspector General or designee.
- Conduct interviews, collect supporting documentation, and review facts to substantiate conclusions in an audit or investigation.
- Performs at a high level and functions with long-term objectives in mind.
- Evaluates internal control systems and determines compliance with applicable statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Develop audit programs and procedures to be performed, including risk assessment, process analysis, and control evaluation.
- Prepare complete and accurate audit and investigative reports, including those of a complex nature, and present written or oral reports to management, including discussing deficiencies and recommending corrective actions.
- Files documents, physically obtains information files from auditees, performs inventories.
- Perform related work and collaborates with other team members as assigned.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience including internal investigation, audit, and/or risk experience; or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience including internal investigation, audit, and/or risk experience is required.
Candidates with any of the following certifications listed below are preferred:
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• Certified Inspector General Auditor (CIGA)
• Certified Inspector General Investigator (CIGI)
• Certified Government Finance Officer (CGFO)
• Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP)
Knowledge of auditing theory, professional standards, principles, practices, and methods of governmental accounting required.
Knowledge of investigative theory, principles, practices, and techniques required.
Ability to work effectively with people and exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions required.
Proficiency with sophisticated computer application software, including development of customized spreadsheets, use of electronic audit work-papers, data bases and word processing preferred.
Ability to research and understand statutes, policies, and manuals to ensure compliance in governmental accounting preferred.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities while meeting critical deadlines required.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now REQ11855.
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.fau.edu.