Website Florida Atlantic University
Audit and Investigative Manager
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Audit and Investigative Manager – Boca Raton, FL.
The Audit and Investigation Manager is responsible to the Inspector General. This incumbent represents the Inspector General in resolving management and planning needs of the Office of Inspector General. Functions for the Inspector General in his/her absence, as required. Responsible for planning and supervising, the audit, investigative, management advisory, or other functional area within the Office of Inspector General and for implementing the annual work plan. Advises the Inspector General in the establishment of audit and investigative policy. Responsible for reporting to the Inspector General, as appropriate, the status of the university audits, investigations, and management advisory services or other accountability activities. Responsible for interpreting SUS and university policies and determining the effectiveness of policy implementation. Performs related duties, as deemed appropriate, in order to accomplish the responsibilities of his/her areas.
Summary of responsibilities include:
- Works closely with the IG and performs those positions duties in the absence of the IG as requested.
- Responsible for performing audit and investigative fieldwork, management advisory/consulting services and other duties to implement the annual work plan.
- Ensures effective and efficient performance of projects as assigned by the IG utilizing a disciplined systematic methodology and professional standards.
- Performs periodic post project assessment of implementation status in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists in developing and conducting special studies and collecting and analyzing data as appropriate.
- Assists in interpreting rules and policies of the Office of Inspector General (OIG).
- Performs related duties, as deemed appropriate, in order to accomplish the responsibilities and functions of the OIG.
FAU Benefits and Perks
If Benefits & Perks are important to you, then FAU is the place to be! Working at FAU has its perks! In addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by supporting our students, staff, and faculty, FAU offers:
- Excellent benefit packages including Medical (PPO/HMO $50 per month single & $180 per month family), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending plans, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and much more.
- State retirement options including tax-deferred annuities and Roth 403(b) plans.
- State employees Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program – https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
- Flexible work arrangement plans – https://www.fau.edu/hr/employee_relations/flexwork.php
Sick Leave Pool Program
- Paid time off (eligible employees) including vacation and sick leave, 1 personal day, 9 paid holidays, and paid winter break (at President’s discretion)!!
- Paid Community Engagement Volunteer Service Day – https://www.fau.edu/hr/files/COMMUNITY_ENGAGEMENT_VOLUNTEER_LEAVE4-2015.pdf
- Employee Educational Scholarship Program (EESP) for eligible Staff/Faculty – Tuition assistance after 6 months of full-time employment. For in-unit faculty, the EESP program may be extended to spouses and dependent children (eligibility rules apply).
For details on FAU’s amazing offers visit us at https://www.fau.edu/hr/benefits/index.php
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience required. Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor certificate preferred.
Other relevant certifications include (but are not limited to): Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Inspector General Auditor (CIGA), Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP), or Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA).
$75,000 per year.
College or Department:
Office of Inspector General
Work Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
This position involves research or research-related support.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now (REQ15201).
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents will result in disqualification.
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence.
To apply for this job please visit www.fau.edu.