Visit www.igchicago.org to apply
Under direction of the Inspector General, this position provides high-level, confidential administrative
support to Inspector General and regularly performs variety of recurring administrative and operational
duties with a high degree of initiative and independence.
• Maintains the Inspector General’s calendar and schedules appointments; schedules meeting rooms
and manages meeting arrangements and logistics.
• Handles confidential matters and materials with discretion, sensitivity, and judgment.
• Confers with OIG staff on status of various projects, reports, or critical issues to apprise the
• Executes assigned tasks and projects from conception to completion with attention to detail,
accuracy, focus, and flexibility to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Coordinates the work of other support staff in operations involving the Inspector General to
support efficient operations.
• Reviews correspondence and other materials requiring Inspector General’s signature before
presenting for signature.
• Conducts research and prepares correspondence in response to inquiries or information requests
for the Inspector General’s signature.
• Works on special projects and handles special assignments as directed by the Inspector General,
General Counsel, and/or other senior OIG staff.
• Communicates with external parties on behalf of the Inspector General.
• Screens visitors and telephone calls; takes messages and uses judgement in forwarding calls to
appropriate personnel for response and resolution.
• Demonstrates excellent computer skills and experience with MS Office products including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio.
NOTE: The list of essential duties is not intended to be inclusive; there may be other duties that are essential to positions within the class.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, plus two
years of work experience performing secretarial and/or administrative support functions; or an equivalent
combination of education, training and experience.
ANNUAL SALARY: Range $63,780 – $103,920 (annual increases first three years) Starting $63,780 (non-negotiable); Post successful six-month review $66,804
Employee Vaccination Requirement: City of Chicago employees must, as a condition of employment, be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 effective October 15, 2021. This Policy applies to all City employees. If
you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an
exemption in accordance with applicable City processes. For more information on the vaccine policy please visit: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/depts/dhr/supp_info/city-of-chicago-employee-vaccination-
WE VALUE DIVERSITY
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) is an equal opportunity employer.
OIG is an inclusive organization that hires and develops all its staff of all levels regardless of race, religion,
color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, marital or parental status, sex, gender expression or identity,
sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, age, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by
law. OIG strives to create the kind of workplace where a socially diverse mix of people can thrive professionally. We pride ourselves in meeting our legal charge to promote economy, effectiveness, efficiency, and integrity in government. Through the hard work of our passionate and innovative team, OIG aims to serve every community with equity, respect, and dignity. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to disability or pregnancy to participate in the application process, please contact the OIG’s Supervisor of Personnel Administration Keyla Vazquez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be prepared to provide information in support of your reasonable
THE CITY OF CHICAGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in
the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The City of Chicago does not participate in E-Verify (Employment Eligibility Verification System). In addition, employment at the Office of Inspector General is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check.
To apply for this job please visit www.igchicago.org.