Website City of Fort Myers
$2,841.81 – $4,404.24 Biweekly
$73,887.06 – $114,510.24 Annually
OPENING DATE: 11/10/22
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under the general direction of the City Manager, responsible for establishing and administering an Internal Audit Program to ensure the financial, administrative, and operational integrity of City government operations.
- Prepares, administers, maintains and updates as required, an Internal Audit Program to ensure the financial, administrative and operational integrity of City government operations and to limit the City’s financial, legal, operational and political risk.
- Performs internal audits of the operations of City departments which may include operational, information technology, compliance, financial, and investigatory components, as necessary.
- Performs audit procedures and prepares audit work papers and findings in accordance with accepted professional standards as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Develops an audit schedule to include City Departments, financial functions and compliance with various legally binding third-party requirements; develops audit procedures based upon the scope of each individual audit and manages audit resources to meet audit schedule, making adjustments as required and conducts special studies and projects as assigned.
- Documents pertinent audit testing and results, identifies and defines areas of risk, develops testing criteria, reviews and analyzes evidence, and documents processes and procedures.
- Prepares written reports expressing opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the system or function under review and presents findings to affected managers.
- Identifies key control points and weaknesses in the system or function being audited. Develops recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations, and reducing cost.
- Follows up on audit recommendations to assure implementation of promised corrective action.
Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short and long-range planning,
- May perform special projects, reviews, and research, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, or a related field and three (3) years of experience; OR equivalent education, training, and experience, which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
The annual salary range is $73,887.06 to $114,510.24.
Agency: City of Fort Myers
Address: 2200 Second Street, Fort Myers, Florida, 33901
To apply for this job please visit www.cityftmyers.com.