Benefits of Membership
Through membership in the Association of Inspectors General, you will join other professionals interested in promoting accountability and integrity in government.Â Benefits of membership include:
- A network of qualified and dedicated officials and researchers
- Professional contacts which can help enhance your career
- The Association’s online newsletter which contains information about the Inspector General community.
- Members-only access to our website.
- Discounts on registration for Association conferences and training institutes.
- A private online record of your participation in continuing professional education and your professional certifications.
- Improvement of your professional knowledge and skills, and
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of best practices.
Anyone of good character, honor and integrity who subscribes to the purposes and objectives of the Association may become a member. There are four categories of membership:
- Individual membership entitles the member to receive all membership benefits including voting rights.
- Agency membership is open to governmental agencies and entitles six employees of the agency for the price of five memberships to receive all membership benefits including voting rights.
- Chapter membership is available in our local chapters.
- Student membership is open to students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate curriculum at a college or university. Student members receive all membership benefits excluding voting rights.
What is the cost of membership?
The following types of memberships are offered:
- Individual – $75/year
- Agency – $375/year for 6 memberships; $75 for each additional membership.
- Chapter – prices vary/year – Listings available on Membership Dues Payment Page (see below)
- Student – $15
*Administrate fee required for certified members who only join one of the Chapters of the Association – $20/year
- July 1 2014 to June 30 2015
How can I join?
- Click Here for the Membership Dues Payment Page to join the association and or one of its ten chapters.
Requirements for Certified Members
- The Association requires that in order to keep certifications in “active” status, all Certified Inspectors General ® (CIG), Certified Inspectors General Auditors ® (CIGA), Certified Inspectors General Investigators ® (CIGI) must maintain membership in the Association and complete Continuing Professional Education credits. Click here for our board approved certification requirements.
- Click here for more details about these requirements