Ron Calvosa, Executive Director
Ron Calvosa, a Certified Inspector General and Certified Fraud Examiner, is the Executive Director of the Association of Inspectors General (AIG). Reporting to the Board of Directors, Calvosa is the key management leader for the AIG and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization.
Calvosa has a total of thirty-nine years of fraud prevention and law enforcement experience. Prior to joining the AIG, Calvosa was Assistant Director for Fraud Prevention/Assistant Inspector General with the Office of Inspector General for the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PA/OIG). Calvosa was responsible for managing the PA/OIG’s Fraud Prevention Program for each of the Port Authority’s large capital construction projects. From October 2007 to June 2018, Calvosa was responsible for managing the Fraud Prevention Program for the redevelopment of the World Trade Center site, which was critical to ensuring the integrity of contractors and vendors, and the prevention of waste, fraud, and abuse related to the redevelopment efforts at the WTC site.
Under Calvosa’s leadership, the Fraud Prevention Program, which included the use of Integrity Monitors, was applied to other capital construction projects, such as the Goethals Bridge Replacement Project, the Bayonne Bridge – Raise the Roadway Project, Moynihan Station Redevelopment Project, Lincoln Tunnel Access Program, Hurricane Sandy Recovery Projects, the LaGuardia Airport Central Terminal Building Redevelopment Project and the Newark Liberty International Airport Terminal A Redeployment Project.
Prior to Calvosa joining the PA/OIG, he served as the Director of Fraud Prevention at the Lower Manhattan Construction Command Center from July 2005 to October 2007; and created their Fraud Prevention Program. From January 1982 to July 2005, Calvosa worked at the New York City Department of Investigation. He was Inspector General for the New York City Departments of Transportation, Design & Construction, Small Business Services and Citywide Administrative Services. Prior to his appointment as Inspector General in 1996, Ron held the positions of First Deputy Inspector General, Deputy Inspector General, Assistant Inspector General, and Confidential Investigator.
In addition to his duties as AIG’s Executive Director, Calvosa is also an Adjunct Professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
Frank Chen, Deputy Executive Director
Frank became interested in the AIG when he enrolled in the Introduction to Government Inspection and Oversight course taught by Phil Zisman, the first Inspector General for the City of Yonkers, New York. Frank first volunteered at the Association while pursuing his Master’s degree in Public Administration (MPA) and is now the Deputy Executive Director. At the AIG, Frank administers the Association’s Inspector General Institute® and annual training conferences.
Frank earned his BS, MPA, and PhD at John Jay College of Criminal Justice/CUNY Graduate Center. He also teaches for the Department of Public Administration and the Department of Economics.
Outside of the work place, Frank studies Chinese and Russian. In addition to his interest in languages, Frank is a certified master of Wushu-Martial Arts and earned two world championship medals in 2004 and 2005.
Vasily Cheipesh, Information Technology Specialist
Vasily Cheipesh is a Criminal Justice student at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. He graduated John Jay College with a bachelor’s of science in Criminal Justice and a minor in Philosophy. His education at John Jay College gave him opportunities to improve his technical skills and public relations, for which he also practices while on law enforcement patrol.
Given his law enforcement experience and technical knowledge, Vasily began to volunteer at the Association of Inspectors General® (AIG) in 2015 and became the Association’s Information Technology (IT) specialist. As an IT Specialist, Vasily provides all technical support essential for all of the Association’s activities. Moreover, Vasily is accountable for administering the AIG semi-annual Certified Inspector General Institute® and Conferences. He is also responsible for the Association’s certifications, Continuing Professional Education (CPE), and website administration. Currently, Vasily is a Masters of Public Administration student at John Jay College specializing in inspection and oversight.
In addition to Vasily’s education, he continues to improve his foreign language skill by practicing Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, and Chinese. On his free time, he continues to play the piano since his graduation from Korolivska music academy in Korolevo, Ukraine in 2006.
Artem Kovalev, Bookkeeper – Financial Analyst
Artem Kovalev is currently studying for a Bachelor of Science in Fraud Examination and Financial Forensics with a minor in Economics at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. He is interested in pursuing a Masters in Inspection and Oversight. Intrigued by this field, and with his background in finance, he contributes most of his time to becoming a forensic accountant. He currently stands as an Association member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and an Associate member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
With his love for the arts, Artem started his own private business where he records and edits videos, produces music for artists, and is a multi-instrumentalist. Artem recorded the voiceover for “Giant!”, a french documentary that has been awarded by the Madrid International Film Festival and recognized by the Hollywood International Independent Documentary Awards. He also volunteers his time at a theater in Downtown Manhattan that provides support for at-risk youth and homeless families.
Edward Evanick, Membership Liaison Specialist
Edward is a Master’s student in the MPA Inspector General Program at John Jay College of Criminal Justice; pursuing a dual major with:. Inspection and Oversight; and Assessment and Investigations. With the AIG, Edd supports AIG members and interested parties to participate in the AIG Institutes and Conferences, as well as gain value from membership in AIG National and local chapters.
Edward brings professional services to the AIG’s core team with backgrounds in
1) Project Management and Service Delivery Manager: Leadership and delivery of complex and mission critical projects based on business and technology positioning for Transformation Programs, Change Management Initiatives, Business-Technology Alignment, and Program / Project Management – PMBoK Practitioner.
2) Management Consultant and Business Adviser:
- Assisting organizations to rapidly deploy mission critical initiatives and business innovation
- Supporting senior executives in solving problems and taking advantage of marketplace opportunities through the positioning of technology and process differentiation and innovation. capabilities.
- Leveraging and extending experience in Client Relationship Management, Business Development, and Service Delivery with responsibilities for: revenue generation, P&L management,service delivery, and client relationship building; taking professional services offerings and capabilities to the financial services industry to grow current accounts, enter new clients, and contribute in achieving Firm revenue goals and accomplishing business growth objectives.
- Extending 20 + years of professional services industry experience with Accenture, CGI Group, CSC, and Ernst & Young to contribute to a Firm’s growth, revenue generation, service delivery.
- Applying the unique combination of expertise in Technology Enablement, Business Innovation, and Strategy Formulation to deliver value to clients.
- Utility team player – diversified expertise and capabilities, combined with presence, purpose / focus, and passion – getting done the business high priority initiatives at the time and given the business circumstances – versatile – with focus on results and client outcomes.
3) New York Road Runners Club (24 time finisher of the New York City Marathon).